Monday, January 11, 2010

Few Observations/Tips...

First one is a chipboard one... 

Whenever I need a BIG piece of chipboard I find myself destroying a desk calendar. I buy few of the dollar ones from Target at the end of every year just to have few at hand in case I need them. Calendars are 16"x21" and the chipboard back in them is really thick and nice. Parts of the actual calendar pages I use in my scrapbook pages etc...
 
Next one is storage one...

I found a plastic container from a thrift store that was meant for cookie storage. You could put your opened Oreo etc... packages in it so that they stay fresh. I noticed that it was perfect for my Marvy Uchida Le Plume II markers. I have always struggled to find a storage box for them since they are bit on a longer side. Not bad for 99 cents.

 
 

Third one...

I save the plastic part from the solutions cartridge packages. The part that has a dent for the cartridge. I use them like SU Sweet Treat Cups. Makes a really nice fillable piece for a card for another Cricut fan. Other way I use them is that I turn it "upside down" and use it as a "vase" in my cards. Stamp few stems and flowers, and fill the cup with rocks, sand etc... Sorry, I don't have pics about this one.


1 comment:

Amy said...

Great ideas!! Thanks for sharing. =)