Sunday, March 21, 2010

First Tag

Here is my very first Tag. Actually it's my second tag. My first tag is in a trash bin because I completely ruined the hole in it.

 I cut the tag out from manila folder using blackout feature. Tag is from "Going Places" Cricut cartridge and I made it 3"x6" in my Gypsy. I inked it with Tim Holtz distress inks ("Milled Lavender", "Brushed Corduroy", "Frayed Burlap", "Antique Linen", "Tea Dye" and "Old Paper"). Stamps are Hero Arts "Antique Writing" and Martha Stewart wood mounted "Leaf" stamp. Flower is from Michaels jewelery section and it's attached with copper finish "Tigertail Beading Wire". I punched a hole with my hole punch and inked a paper reinforcement and put it in it's place.  As a final step I put a twine through a hole. Twine Is from "Jillibean Soup Bean Stalks" ribbon pack. First I dyed some jute cord with distress inks, but when it was STILL leaving ink behind after third day, I gave up. I accidentally found the Jillibean twine from my local craft store and it was just what I wanted.

It was fun making a tag from the scratch and not to buy one. I got 100 manila folders from Target around $4, and I had  paper reinforcements in my stash. They inked really nicely with distress inks. 


8 comments:

shari said...

Your tag is really beautiful! YOu should be really proud of the way it turned out. Shari (cricutrookie)

Kim said...

What a gorgeous tag! I just love it!

Great job!!!

Debbie said...

That is just lovely ! It sure doesn't like my first effort would have :) TFS

SherriC. said...

Oh that is so pretty

Melissa said...

Beautiful!

Lori Apgar said...

Love your tag! Love the honesty of your first tag ~ he he!! Some of my best ideas end up in the trash on the first attemt.

KreatesKards said...

WOW .. this is really nice.

Lolliscraps said...

Beautiful!