Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Diaper Cake

I'm working on my first diaper cake. It's not finished yet, but I will post the pictures of its progress.

This is where it all started. "Pampers Swaddlers". I know NOTHING about diapers and tried to buy the best ones out there. I bought number 2:s, so that mom to be can enjoy her new cake bit longer if she wants.


Here are the supplies for the next step. Diapers and rubber bands.


Next... Whole lots of rolling. I rolled about 60 diapers. I was hoping that the diapers were completely white, but they have Sesame Street theme on them. They also had a "stretch" which made rolling bit difficult. I don't know if completely white diapers without a stretch exist, but it sure would have been easier with those. Here are the rolls:


Here the cake is assembled with ribbon on it. I covered the tube from the paper towel roll with white paper and put three diapers in it and put it in the middle of the cake to keep everything together. To keep it temporarily together I used rubber bands and later replaced them with white curling ribbon. I attached the green ribbon on top of the brown one with my ATG gun and melted the edges with lighter so that they don't fray. Then I covered the curling ribbon with it. Folded the edges so that it looks neat and hot glued the ends together.


I found these pink pacifier ornaments from Michael's some time ago. They were on clearance for 99 cents for pack of 6. I tied ribbon around the pacifier and attached it to the cake with small safety pin.



Here is the cake with all the pacifiers on it:


I will post more when the cake is completely done.

No comments: