Here is what I have been up to. I made 27 ornaments this year. 20 big clear ones and 7 small glitter ones.
I washed and dried the ornaments inside out before decorating. To clean the inside I used rice, dish soap and water.
Small ones are glittered with floor wax (Pledge Future Shine) from the inside. I used Martha Stewart glitter and some sample bag sizes from Michael's. I can't remember the brand.
I etched the names with "Armour Etch". Etching didn't really show on glittered balls, so I used silver "Rub 'n Buff" to enhance it more. All ornaments are different color.
Bigger ornaments have etched names also. They are showing better (not so good in a picture tho) so I left them be. I filled inside with some raffia. Guys got green ornaments and ladies red ones.
Font is from "Elegant Cakes "cartridge. I made decorative pins for all ornaments and put charms on the cord they are hanging from. All ornaments are from Michael's. I liked their tops best. There is no gaps.
I found boxes for the ornaments from Xpedx store. I made tags and cut images from "Gingerbread" cartridge. Finished off with jute rope and white yarn.
It was quite the task. It took "few" tries before I was happy with the etching. I used thick cling vinyl and ran it through my xyron. I was missing spots in my etching and after a while I realized that they were because of air bubbles. I kept brushing, dabbing and moving the etching cream the whole time it was on the surface of the ornament, and the result was really crisp and nice. I'm really pleased how it turned out.
Here are the pictures: